There’s just something about oatmeal and bananas that make the perfect pair. Extra bonus if some sort of nut butter is involved in that combo too!
These cookies are super easy with just a few simple ingredients and no eggs or flour! In a time where Americans rely on grab & go snacks and meals, these cookies are the perfect addition because you can consider them as breakfast, a snack, or dessert and they are ready in fifteen minutes!
The oats contribute fiber and the nut butter adds healthy fat and protein; this helps satisfy your hunger and keep you feeling full longer. The cinnamon gives it extra flavor while regulating your blood sugar level and keeps it stable throughout the day. I try to incorporate cinnamon in my meals (especially breakfast) or morning matcha as much as I can. Anyways, a stable blood sugar level results in less snack attacks.
Serves: About 12 cookies
Time: 15 minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1.5 cup of old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 tbsp of organic ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp of nut butter of choice (I did cashew butter)
- **OPTIONAL: 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- **OPTIONAL: 2 scoops of vital proteins
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Use a ice cream scooper or cookie dough scooper to scoop batter to cookie sheet and flatten by hands
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes
Then enjoy for breakfast with a side of coffee, or dip in some milk as a yummy snack, or add an extra drizzle of almond butter or melted dark chocolate and wah-la! Dessert too!
Notes: These cookies require no baking powder or baking soda so they will not rise while baking.
**THESE ARE GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, AND VEGAN**